You can book flights and hotel separately, and hotels.com is a good place to book cheap hotel rooms. For example, I stayed at Las Vegas Hilton in June for 2 nights, and the room rate was $65 per night. Not bad for a Hilton, huh?
- Shows: Some of the best shows include The Blue Man Group. This is a must-see eye opener!
- Helicopter ride: For only $70 you can take the helicopter night flight and see what the Las Vegas Strip looks like at night.
- Hoover Dam: No trip to Las Vegas is complete until you see the mighty Hoover Dam.
- Grand Canyon: Unless you want to make it a separate trip later, you should take a bus tour (departing 6 am, returning 9 pm) to see this place that you must see in your life.
- Buffet: The three best buffet restaurants are in the hotels of Wynn's, Bellagio and Aladdin, all around $30 per person. I think Aladdin is the best for its unique Mid-Eastern and Mediterranean flavor.
Where can you get all these? Start with Orbitz or Expedia, and seach for "activities", to get a list of the activities. But remember to do comparison shopping before you make a reservation. For example, Blue Man show sells for $98.50 on Orbitz, but blueman.com (Blue Man Group's official website) only sells for $71.50. Here's another $27 saved - treat yourself a buffet dinner with this money!
More on Las Vegas coming soon.